Monday 14 October 2013

Formal Mondays


My work dress code is smart casual (no jeans) so I am quite lucky that I can be quite creative with what I want to wear. However, I always seem to find myself making an extra effort to be smart on a Monday, perhaps this is because I have more time to consider what to wear - when the work thoughts start to creep into my mind from 5.00p.m. on a Sunday or perhaps it's because I am usually feeling tired from a busy weekend and hope a smart outfit will distract from the dark circles under my eyes?!

Either way, I am declaring Mondays, Formal Mondays on the blog. This week focus is skirts. I go through phases with my wardrobe where a buy lots of one particular item as I suddenly discover I am lacking in that department. Last month it was trousers, this month I have noticed I am particularly lacking in the skirts department. With the weather having changed all of a sudden I want to wear chunky knits, skirts and ankle boots.

I therefore need to up my collection and have started with a classic, a navy mini, at £19.99 in the Gap sale I couldn't resist. They don't have many sizes left online and the price is more expensive than I paid in store, so I'd recommend visiting your nearest shop.

There are some great sales on at the moment and I have selected a few of my favourite skirts available online:


 


 

Let me know if you spot any others!

Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment